Chaos Group has updated V-Ray for Maya to build 2.40.2.
This update brings support for Autodesk Maya 2015, plus improvements and refinements to current features.
- Support for Maya 2015
- Soft limits for the slider values for VRay Caustics
- Non running license server causes Maya crashes
- Incorrect Maya fluids opacity when Transparency is set to black
- VrayFur discrepancies Linux/Mac/Win
- Render layers are not exported properly when the word “layer” is used somewhere in the path
- Crash when duplicating some VRay nodes with duplicate input connections
- VRay lights with black color and lumens units produce invalid colors
- Crash with PSD file node
- Crash when rendering vrscene with SSS
- Overbright or invalid color error when using Fly-through mode
- vrlservice/OSX – crashes when trying to stop; error -100 when exporting a .wbc file; register V-Ray license service fail
- Grouped camera doesn’t work in Batch Render
- Animated temperature attribute in the VRay lights doesn’t render correctly
- Instancer is not rendered correctly in Maya Batch with Distributed rendering
- No refractions in alpha channel with
Customers who purchase a new V-Ray 2.0 for Maya license will be eligible for a free upgrade to V-Ray 3.0 for Maya upon release.
Customers with current V-Ray 2.0 licenses, can also join the V-Ray 3.0 beta. You can register for the Beta program here