Chaos Group V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max has been released.
This release marks the next step in V-Ray’s overall development, introducing widely acclaimed new features and improvements.
V-Ray 3.0 is the most complete lighting, shading and rendering toolkit, delivering a powerful new set of features focused on artist productivity and modern CG workflows.
V-Ray 3.0 offers a number of additional workflow shortcuts, technical advances and support for open sources technologies. These include:
- Render Mask – Users can define render regions using an object selection or image mask
- Reflection/ Refraction Trace Sets – Provides more direct control in choosing whether reflections and refractions are visible in objects
- Max Ray Intensity – Will easily fix artifacts from over-bright sources
- Probabilistic Lights – Increases the speed of scenes with a high number of lights
- V-Ray RT GPU – Improved with support for Render Elements
- V-Ray Frame Buffer – Improved with added color correction controls
- Open Source Technologies
o Alembic integration with support for hair and particles
o Deep Data output support including OpenEXR 2.0
o Ptex object-space vector displacement support
o Open Shading Language (OSL) support for programmable shaders
o OpenColorIO support for advanced color management
For the complete list of new features, please visit V-Ray.com, the new home for the V-Ray community.